Clio Ii Rs - Britcar Production S1

Fredy

C/P

This is an extremely long term project, built from bits mainly collected on the continent.

It started life a DTC (Dutch Touring Car) built by West Surrey Racing who are renowned for building extremely competetive cars in whatever field they work in. They built 3 cars and one spare shell at a reputed cost of @ £80,000 each not including engines!

I picked up one shell after it had been partially stripped, I was then offered a share in the ex-Rob Collard sister car that had competed in the BTCC. This we used on and off for the last few years in a variety of different championships with reasonable success. Having only a share in this meant it was never easy agreeing what should and shouldn't be done on the car and eventually the car was sold to a guy in France which left me with the box of bits i had bought some years previously.

The bodyshell is a work of art with the cage being very comprehensive. The doors, boot and bonnet have been made in Carbon Kevlar and the windows replaced with polcarbonate items. The suspension is JRZ with remote mounted resevoirs, we have Krontec airjacks, a Premier bag tank with the World's biggest fuel hoses for quick filling.

Originally the cars ran a Sadev H pattern box but i have changed this for an ST-75 sequential unit sourced from abroad. These appear to be stronger and easier to work on than the UK Cup versions. The engine was always the problem in the old car and rather than going for out and out power we have opted for a fairly standard engine with throttle bodies and a few other tweeks.

Brakes are a mix of Alcon and AP and were always blindingly good on the Collard car.

I have also changed the front of the car to the later shape 172/182.

It is nearing completion but there are just the really anoying little bits to sort out.

I'm hoping to run the car in Class 3 of Production S1 Britcar but will have to see how the finances stack up once it is complete.

post-1293-1236894397_thumb.jpg

Auto je u nastajanju i pokušat ću vas izvještavat redovito o napretku. Tko je regan na cliosportnet mo

Od Clia ostalo samo "K" :bigl:

Oce imat xenone :??:

Imaju oni i jedan 197 ako se ne varam..

Ništa od tog 197 projekta...sku

Imaju oni i jedan 197 ako se ne varam..

zar 197micu ne voze oni BMP racing team ? Icarus i ekipa...

Tj znam za njih, ne znam da jos neko sa 197 race car dolazi po foruma

da, Icarus ima 197icu

post-1293-1236929902_thumb.jpg

To je to..malo sam pomjesao.

Important Information

Renault-klub.hr koristi kolačiće za pružanje boljeg korisničkog iskustva, funkcionalnosti i prikaza sustava oglašavanja. Cookie postavke mogu se kontrolirati i konfiguritati u vašem web pregledniku. Nastavkom pregleda web stranice slažete se sa korištenjem kolačića. Koristeći se ovom web stranicom, pristajete na opće uvjete te pravila ponašanja.